Thursday 19 January 2012

What’s hot up top - the second floor’s account of what’s grrrrrrrrrreat

In what is to become your monthly dose of positive thinking from the Idealogy team, managed and written by the annoyingly positive fool that I am, here follows some stuff we like, within our walls, and without (does that work? I mean outside right… but you knew that).

Paul W

Inside
Something that is taken for granted but not everyone knows about is the web-conferencing and online-meeting software we use (www.fuzemeeting.com) which essentially allows us to present creative proposals via a web link remotely to anyone around the globe. We use it here on a weekly basis for our clients outside the UK, which it’s great to say seem to be increasing, in number and in workload – thanks!

Outside
My new Virgin TiVo hard drive is nothing short of genius; I can essentially find things to entertain my boys 24 hours a day at a touch of a button, bliss.
















------------------------------------------------------------------
Simon D

Inside
We’re proud to be involved in branding and communications frameworks consultancy for Mettler Toledo Retail right now. A workshop in Frankfurt and feedback presented in Shanghai – that’s China (thanks boss –Ed) I’m immensely proud of that relationship, the work our project team has put in and how it might develop in the future into valuable new work.

Outside
Love the new Sherlock series and how the BBC have cleverly adapted the old Conan Doyle themes – A Scandal in Belgrade became A Scandal in Belgravia. The Hound of the Baskervilles became The Hounds of Baskerville. Shame it’s only 3 episodes long, but we hear that series 3 is already commissioned – hurrah!
















------------------------------------------------------------------
Nick Hart

Inside
It’s always easy to moan at having to do pitches for work; working without being paid, but we’re into a few here at the moment and it’s pretty good fun. We’re getting all blue-sky creative with Kitchen Machines, all user experience with Spanish Food, and seriously design with Hydrographic Mapping. Admittedly I’ll be EVEN MORE positive (is this possible?) when we win some of the work, but for now, we’re having fun and demonstrating some serious capability.

Outside
I’m going BBC here too. I’ve loved both Dickens' adaptations over the last month, and whilst I was forced to watch Call the Midwife I ended up thinking how well produced it was. I’m kinda proud of what feels like a very British brand – good old Auntie!



------------------------------------------------------------------ 
Charlotte B

Charlie neglected to comment on time, so let’s assume these are her answers…

Inside
I love working with Simon, Paul and Nick – they’re such a dedicated team of professionals. I admire them and wish I could be a bit more like them. They’re the best.

Outside
The BBC on my TiVo. Simon, Paul and Nick told me about this and I love them, so I love this too.


Posted by Idealogy









No comments :